The Financial Management Compliance Center (FMCC) ensures the efficient and effective operation of the department’s financial and accounting activities. The FMCC Manager plans, organizes, directs, advises, monitors, and reports on activities related to investments, accounting, budgeting, auditing, cash management, analysis and financial reporting.
The work is performed in an office environment under the overall direction of the Chief Executive Officer. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position located at our corporate office in Clearwater, Florida.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from an accredited college or university. Active Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred.
- Five to seven years’ progressively responsible management experience in HUD or other governmental accounting (or similar environment), including fiscal and budgetary planning as well as internal audit/compliance.
- Computer proficiency in Windows operating system and MS Office software including Word and Excel. Able to operate Internet applications and email as well as external vendors’ and proprietary software programs including Yardi, File Vision, HAB, and Novus software.
- Possession of valid Florida Driver’s License.
Necessary Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership ability, demonstrated management skill and knowledge of applicable employment law/regulations.
- Generally accepted accounting principles, practices and methods.
- Governmental accounting principles and procedures.
- Program regulations, requirements and performance standards of applicable organizations.
- Business processes relevant to the provision of affordable housing in addition to general organizational operations and administration.
- Audit and quality control principles and practices.
- Sit at a desk/conference table and enter information on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Frequently move about the office and access stored files and records.
- Travel between office sites, meetings, as well as travel to out of town conferences as necessary.